Monday, October 02, 2006


This morning as I drove to the internet cafe some drunk Thai men and children (yes, children, this was at 9:45 a.m., by the way) threw a handful of lighted firecrackers at my motorbike and laughed as I screached and skid off the slick road. I maintained my composure, but I didn't smile, didn't look at them, just started my motorbike and drove off. This morning was the point where I decided that I am officially sick of Asia and I am ready to go back to a country where I can yell at someone who throws firecrackers at my motorbike in my own language.

I visited SaZing in the hospital yesterday. He was playing hide and seek with no one in particular in his room, wearing a face mask. Although I couldn't see his face, I could tell that he is feeling much better...either that or the doctors have him on some pretty strong medication. In either case, his black almond eyes were sparkling , he giggled, played, ran around his room, and even talked! My aunty Cheryl sent a box of toys and cookies to me and I will deliver a bright yellow Big Bird and a bag of animal cookies to him today.

No comments: