Saturday, September 09, 2006

Yesterday Puttaraksa, my adorable, squirly little girl who never pays attention in class because she is always drawing pictures of flowers and mountains, interrupted me as I was talking. She grabbed the marker from my hand and started writing on the whiteboard: J...E...R...K...Y.

"Teacher!" she said excitedly, pointing at it, "Same same as cow?" I told her it was "same same but different" which is a bit of a cop-out, but I was caught off guard.

The day before SiHkur was reading his Thai-English dictionary and asked me if I thought I was a very good occulist. I told him that I have never been an eye doctor before (he probably got this idea because I was constantly administering eye drops last month when everyone had pinkeye). Then he told me that he wants to be an aurist. After that he asked me to explain the word "positively". I told him it was similar to "yes yes" or the Thai euphamism, "jing jing". He grinned and said that he positively had to go to English class at 6 p.m. and he would positively be back at the office after he ate lunch.

No comments: