Thursday, February 14, 2008

Twitterpated on Capitol Hill



I’m pretty lucky that I have a boss who hates sitting in a cubicle as much as I do. Today we worked from a café on Capitol Hill and it was this afternoon that I decided I really do like Valentines Day...but only on Capitol Hill.

Free red roses were handed out on the street. The sidewalks displayed an assortment of heartfelt, chalk graffiti love notes. Men strode confidently with voluptuous bouquets of flowers for their boyfriends and girlfriends. Toys in Babeland was packed with unashamed shoppers. For the first time in weeks the sun peeked through the thick gray clouds, sprinkled the pedestrians with some warm vitamin D, and any unsuspecting Seattleite caught within its reach appeared to lift two feet off the ground.

Capitol Hill was, in a word, “twitterpated”.

No comments: